Tuesday, March 6, 2007

#18: Vantage Point

Vantage Point, directed by Pete Travis. Starring Forest Whitaker, Matthew Fox, Siguorney Weaver, Dennis Quaid and William Hurt.


Vantage Point is about " With a Rashomon narrative style, the attempted assassination of the president is told from five different perspectives." Death of a President plus Akira Kirosawa wannabes, anyone? But look at that cast! I failed to recognize Zoë Saldaña, Edgar Ramirez, Said Taghmaoui and Ayelet Zurer. Oh my. Well, of course I can't wait to see it, and although Quaid is sort of in his Bush-esque state, although the William Hurt plays President Ashton. From the interesting cast...I wonder whose playing the assassin, and etc. From the picture at the left, it appears Ricard E. Grant, Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox are all flanking Hurt. Oh my. I can't wait. Anyway, the question is how conservative or liberal this film will be. Will it edge towards conversatism like other films, or be oh-so Michael Moore-y. But with this unknown director, who directed such TV minseries as Henry VIII, this film could go dastardly wrong if treated incorrectly. Go left, young man, although we might as well be looking straight into the eye of a Best Picture nominee, or one of my predictions, a Best Supporting Actor nomination for the one and only Matthew Fox.


One last screenshot of Quaid, looking very Bush-y..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Marianne Jean-Baptiste

Marianne Jean-Baptiste
My namesake.