Friday, March 2, 2007

#20: Things We Lost in the Fire

For the next month, I will be doing a feature on one film that I am expectantly anticipating as a 2007 Oscar contender, twenty total. At the end of the twenty affairs of upcoming films, I will be wrapping this up with my first blog-posted Oscar predictions for 2007. The first film is Susanne Bier's Things We Lost in the Fire.

Things We Lost in the Fire, directed by Susanne Bier. Starring Halle Berry, Benicio Del Toro, David Duchnovy, Alison Lohman and Robin Weigert.


Things We Lost in the Fire is about "A recent widow invites her husband's troubled best friend to live with her and her two children. As he gradually turns his life around, he helps the family cope and confront their loss. ." Sounds Hallmark-y. Oh my. It does. But forget that, this is Halle Berry's big return to good films, although Perfect Stranger arrives in April. With such a seasoned cast, I'm anticipating an Oscar nomination for Berry, with chances for Del Toro and Lohman. God knows, maybe she'll be the next female Denzel Washington. Or not. Also, Susanne Bier (of Brødre and After the Wedding)

One last screenshot...seemingly of Berry and her daughter.

No comments:

Marianne Jean-Baptiste

Marianne Jean-Baptiste
My namesake.